If you’ve ever read my blog before, you might know that I’m giving this whole fitness thing a whirl. And if you haven’t read my blog before – I’m making a valiant effort to turn my cookies into greens and swapping tv surfing for cardio and weight lifting. For the most part, I’ve done well at adjusting, but I’ve slightly fallen off that path the past two weeks. But I’m sure some wise person has been quoted on how we aren’t to look behind, but to look ahead. So this week I’m making fitness a priority again.
Here are ten songs that keep me going when I have zero motivation.
- Monster – Kanye West (Purely for Nicki’s verse)Best line: “So let me get this straight, I’m the rookie? But my features and my shows ten times your pay?”
- Heavydirtysoul – Twenty One PilotsBest line: “Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.”
- Focus – Ariana GrandeBest line: “I can tell you’re curious, it’s written on your lips. Ain’t no need to hold it back, go ahead and talk your shit.”
- The Greatest – SIABest line: “Uh-oh, I see another mountain to climb, but I, I got stamina.”
- Needed Me – RihannaBest line: “Didn’t they tell you that I was a savage? Fuck your white horse and a carriage.”
- That’s My Girl – Fifth HarmonyBest line: “Destiny said it, you gotta get up and get it. Get mad independent and don’t you ever forget it.”
- Backseat Freestyle – Kendrick LamarBest line: “Damn, I got bitches – wifey, girlfriend, and mistress.”
- Sorry Not Sorry – Demi LovatoBest line: “Payback is a bad bitch and baby, I’m the baddest.”
- Bad Blood – Taylor SwiftBest line: “Band-aids don’t fix bullet holes.”
- Closer – Tegan and SaraBest line: “It’s not all just physical, I’m the type that won’t get oh-so critical.”