Post-grad life is has arrived, which means so has a lot more free time. Unfortunately, I don’t have a job yet (the applications and interviews just keep on comin’), buuuut I’m doing my best to stay present and take it all one day at a time.
I’m grateful that I’m experiencing some downtime to focus on myself and gain a new vision for where I want to go. This is the first time I won’t be on a set timeline or plan. I am going with the wind and frankly, it’s scary as hell.
This morning I sat down with my cup of coffee and scrolled through Pinterest while picking at my breakfast and stumbled upon a blogging challenge. I thought this could be the perfect way to express myself, give this little blog some more content, and reflect on who I am and where I’m going.
So here I go with my first blogging challenge and it’s a pretty simple one.
20 Facts About Me! (Listicles are “all the rage” these days, I suppose)
- My name is Cassie and I am from a small town in Pennsylvania. While many people say home is where the heart is, I never felt content or at peace there. When I came to college, I was relieved to find more open minds and new ideas and new people. My hometown will have a small piece of my heart simply because it was the roots before my branches. However, I plan to branch out plenty.
- I recently graduated from Penn State Behrend with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. Behrend is a branch campus from Penn State, and no that does not make us any lesser. Behrend is a magical place to me. It’s smaller and homier than main campus, but still provides ample amount of opportunities for all the students.
- I have two older brothers. My oldest brother is 11 years older than me and married with two kids. My second brother is 4 years older than me and is the biggest dreamer you could meet. We are the most different group of siblings you could ever meet. We all have such different interests and tastes.
- I’m passionate about music and writing, which explains why I admire songwriters in the industry so much. It’s why I love Taylor Swift and have since I heard her first album when I was in middle school. I find such beauty in crafting your feelings into melodic words and phrases and allowing others to connect to those words.
- I am seriously afraid of sharks. I don’t like swimming in water where my feet cannot touch the bottom and I can’t see my feet. I am paranoid a shark will sneak up on me and grab my feet and pull me under.
- My favorite movie is Titanic. I stumbled upon it on some random TV channel and stopped to watch because I thought “Hmm that actor is cute” (not knowing who young Leo DiCaprio was at the time). I watched the rest of the movie, cried during the credits, and have been hooked ever since.
- The last book I read was Yes, Please by Amy Poehler. I’m finding a new appreciation for her after watching Parks and Rec on Netflix. She’s a damn queen.
- My favorite book I’ve ever read is 19 Minutes by Jodie Picoult. If you were a fan on 13 Reasons Why, this book has a similar message…but it’s even better.
- My role models are my grandmothers who embrace happiness every single day of their life.
- As I said, I looooove music. Here are the musicians I have been privileged enough to see in concert (in order): Kelly Clarkson, Big Sean, Backstreet Boys and Avril Lavigne, Lee Brice, Taylor Swift, Kiss, Panic! at the Disco, Kiss (again), Kanye West, The 1975, Ludacris, and The 1975 (again).
- I desperately want to travel around the world. Growing up, I wasn’t ever allowed to leave my hometown (maybe that’s why I resent the idea of staying there…), but some of the few places I’ve been able to make it to after 18 include: New York City, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and Disney World.
- Some of the places on my travel bucket list are: Paris, Italy, Germany, Australia, Romania.
- I never had a sip of coffee until my first semester of college. I only drank it to stay up to study as a nursing student (wtf, right), but I guess it all happens for a reason. If I never tried nursing for a hot second, I might have never discovered the wonders of falling in love with coffee. Now I’m a pro and need at least one cup of black coffee every morning.
- My favorite season is Summer. To me it symbolized a breaking free moment. I love the warmth. However, whenever Autumn rolls around I find myself facing an inner conflict on which is actually my favorite…somehow, Summer always prevails.
- I’m totally into zodiac signs and horoscopes. I don’t know why considering this seems like the type of thing I would normally doubt…but I love the idea of connecting to your zodiac sign. I’m a Leo, by the way.
- I don’t believe in ghosts or aliens and I probably won’t ever. I don’t know why, but it all seems too “make believe” for me.
- I have no idea what faith I am. I grew up in a family that didn’t go to church, but we talked about God when times got tough or family members got sick. So that was my impression. In college, I’ve met multiple different faiths. I know that faith in *something* is important. I’d like to believe there is a higher power, but I don’t let the belief dictate my life. I just try to do good and seek peace in life.
- I am a morning person. There is nothing more refreshing to me than waking up, sipping on a warm cup of coffee, and laying in bed. I hate how rushed life makes the mornings. I love weekends where I can take my time and soak up every bit of morning available.
- There are three philosophies I try to live my life by: Strive for excellence, Stay Present, Seek Peace and Pursue It.
- I love to write. As I grew up and encountered challenges, I found a paper and pen (or keyboard) were my greatest saviors. Whenever I feel overwhelmed with any emotions, I go to write it out. That’s not just sad emotions, it’s when I’m extremely happy too. I love to look back on my old writing and see how I’ve grown and changed.
So there you have it. Just a little bit of information on me. Stay tuned for challenge number two!